Bumper DeJesus is a three-time New York Emmy award-winning video and multimedia editor for The Star-Ledger newspaper - and he is the creative and technical producer for the Ledger Live webcast with host Brian Donohue. Bumper is a founding member of The Star-Ledger video department, winners of 10 N.Y. Emmy Awards, and is now leading his team as the Director of Videography.
- Twitter: @bumperdejesus
- Linked In: linkedin.com/in/bumperdejesus
- Muckrack: Journalist Profile
- Google Plus Profile: plus.google.com/+BumperDeJesus
- Visual Supply Co.: VSCO Grid
- Phone: 973.392.1798
Awards and nominations
- 2 New York Emmy Awards '12 - State of Reflection documentary and tablet app
- 8 New York Emmy nominations (19 total group) '12
- New York State Broadcasters Association winner '12 - State of Reflection (Outstanding Documentary / WNET)
- New York Emmy nomination '11 - Wreck of the Lady Mary (Documentary), team
- New York Emmy nomination '11 - Ledger Live (Interactivity), editor
- New York Emmy nomination '11 - Ledger Live (Public/Community Affairs), editor,
- New Jersey Press Association '11 Second Place Award - editorial illustration
- New York Emmy Award Winner '10 - Ledger Live (Interactivity), editor
- New York Emmy nomination '10 - Pot Predicament, graphics
- Two New York Emmy nominations '09 - motion graphics; Chain of Life (Documentary), team
- Society of Newspaper Design Award of Excellence ‘07 - news magazine section
- New Jersey Understanding Award ‘06 - multimedia
- Silver Gavel (team) ‘06
- Best of Photo Journalism ‘06 - photo editor and designer
- New York Press Photographer Association ‘06 First Place Award- editorial illustraion
- New Jersey Press Photographer Association ‘06 Third Place Award - editorial illustration
- A list of The Star-Ledger's documentary films
- Star-Ledger wins three New York Emmy awards
- Star-Ledger nominated for 19 N.Y. Emmys
- The Star-Ledger wins Pulitzer Prize for "The Wreck of the Lady Mary"
- The Star-Ledger, NJ.com wins four NY Emmys
- Sports Shooter: Intern Diaries
- Newark Star Ledger gets 7 Emmy nominations: Rosenblum TV
- Kidney Transplant Video
- Live Web Cast — From a Newspaper’s Newsroom
- Behind the scenes at Ledger Live
- Ledger Live: How a newspaper webcast became less like a news show and more like a blog
- Best of Newspaper Design 2007
- NYPPA: 9/11 Witness to Tragedy
- Ledger Live - The Star-Ledger's video webcast: opinions, commentary, Jersey goodness.
- The Star-Ledger / NJ.com - Videos and multimedia from the Star-Ledger.
- The Star-Ledger on Vimeo - The Star-Ledger's channel on Vimeo.
- The New York Press Photographers Association, Inc. - The NYPPA: Pictures of the year, events, contests and announcements.
- Scattergood Law Firm L.L.C. - A father-daughter law firm located in Burlington City, NJ.
- YogaGood LLC - Yoga for children and young adults with disabilities located in Colorado.
"Bumper is a force. He is an extremely quick study, able to adapt to needs at an amazing rate. He is a go-to person. Bumper's presence has allowed our company to attempt new ventures that we would not have been able to approach without him."
- George, Design Director/Graphics Director
"The first time I met Bumper, he shook my hand and looked me in the eye. Sure everybody does that, but this was different. It was more like a hero arriving to save the day, than just a greeting. And that's what Bumper is, a hero. He's an amazing person to have on any team doing anything. He's got great leadership skills and technical skills. He can turn anything into a compelling video, animation, website, visual or audio. And he possess another important quality that is a huge asset to any newsroom: a tack sharp wit."
- Hassan, Director of Web Development
"During the eight years I've had the pleasure to work with Bumper, I haven't found a more positive force in the work place. He is extraordinary in his diversity, always ready to learn more, is creative with his solutions and is able to work well with others — either by helping evolve an idea himself or recognizing a good idea from someone else. He's a great teammate."
- Mike, Illustrator